IncognIt.Open VPN Router. Quick Setup Guide
- IncogniTeam will remain liable for nonconformity of a product to the agreed technical characteristics, as well as for incompleteness of the equipment or functionality loss for two years from the delivery of the product to you. You are entitled to submit a claim to IncogniTeam, if a product purchased from the web store have a shortage, defect or lack of conformity that existed already at the moment of delivery of the product.
- You have to inform IncogniTeam of any lack of conformity, defect or functionality loss no later than in two months after becoming aware of these. IncogniTeam will reply to your claim within 15 days via e-mail.
- Warranty liability is not applicable to the products that have been opened, modified or repaired by third-party organizations, show signs of mechanical damage or moisture traces, or to products with damaged or missing serial numbers.
Using VPN services
- Providing opportunity to connect to third-party VPN services, IncogniTeam does not take responsibility for the quality of their work and service features.
- IncogniTeam provides the functions of the IncogniTime VPN service as is. That means that IncogniTeam does not provide warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- You assume full responsibility for any loss that results from your use of the IncogniTime or other VPN services. IncogniTeam won’t be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages under any circumstances, even if they’re based on negligence or IncogniTeam have been advised of the possibility of those damages.
- Router manufacturer IncognIt, its software developers and the owners of the used VPN servers are not liable for the activity of the users on the Internet. The user is liable for any activity and its consequences, according to the local laws of their actual location and the location of the VPN servers used.
Technical characteristics and supply package
IncognIt.Open is a Wi-Fi router-anonymizer that helps establish a private and secure connection of your home network to the Internet via a dedicated line.
Options of Internet connectivity:
- Ethernet (PPoE, IPoE, L2TP/PPTP);
- 3G (for models marked with the index "G", equipped with built-in 3G-module).
- 1*Ethernet 1 Gbit/s (WAN);
- 4*LAN 1 Gbit/s;
- 1*USB 2.0.
- 1*SDcard slot.
- AC 220V / 110V depending on the country.
- 802.11 b/g/n/ac;
- Concurrent dual-band 2.4/5 GHz;
- Up to 300+900 Mbit/s.
- Power Adapter (European plug);
- Patch cord RJ-45
- Router should be installed on an even, stable surface. It can be also fixed to the wall.
- Place the router as high as possible, far from metallic structures, direct sunlight and heat sources.
- In order to avoid interference, don’t place the router next to other antennas and transmitters, electric transformers, motors, microwaves and other equipment. There can be also some interference from other devices using 2.4 GHz frequency, cordless phones and Bluetooth devices.
- For better wireless-network coverage place the router in the middle of the room.
- The Ethernet-cable length for network device connection should not exceed 330 feet (100 meters).
- In order to comply with FCC radiofrequency guidelines, the router should be placed and function at least at 7.8 inch (20 centimeters) from people.
- Use only supplied antennas and power unit.
- Connect antennas to the corresponding connectors according to marking.
- Plug the Internet cable into the WAN port (5).
- If needed, plug the local network Ethernet-cable into LAN ports (6).
- Plug the power cable into the router (1). Plug the power adapter into the AC socket.
During the first setup of the router it is recommended to use cable-connection. To do so, connect your PC to the router’s LAN-port using the supplied patch-cord.
In order to use the wireless connection during the first setup of the router, connect to the default Wi-Fi network. You’ll find the default SSID and security key on the sticker on the router body.
Open your browser and type http://incognit.open or router IP-address 10.10.10.1 in the address line.
Login – "root", no default password.
- Log in to the router’s web interface without a password, pressing "Login" button.
- Press "Go to password configuration" button in the message "No password set" or open menu item "System – Administration".
- Create and enter a new password, confirm it.
- Press the "Save & Apply" button in the bottom of the page.
- Plug the Internet cable into the WAN port (5), if you haven’t done it yet.
- Open menu item "Network – Interfaces", the "WAN" tab.
- Choose your type (protocol) of Internet connection in the pulldown menu. Press the "Switch Protocol" button.
- If requested, type your login and password supplied by your service provider for Internet access.
- Press the "Save & Apply" button at the bottom of the page.
- In case of any issues, please contact the Technical Support Service of your Internetprovider.
- You can keep your standard Wi-Fi network password, supplied on the sticker on the router body. But for security purposes it’s recommended to change it.
- Open the menu item "Network – Wi-Fi", the "IncognIt.VPN.Router-2.4GHz" or "IncognIt.VPN.Router-5GHz" tab.
- Move on to a lower section, "Interface Configuration", "Wireless Security" tab.
- Insert your Wi-Fi network security key.
- Press the "Save & Apply" button in the bottom of the page.
- Do the same (steps 2-5) for the second Wi-Fi network.
- Press the "VPN settings" button at the top of the page or type http://incognit.open:81 in the browser.
- Choose VPN service you use.
- If you don’t yet have an account in the VPN service, click the "register" link. You’ll be redirected to the site of the chosen VPN provider where you can create a user account and buy one of connection packs.
- Choose the protocol you are going to use. Choose server (country to get the IP) from the list. Enter your login and password to the VPN service.
- Press the "Connect" button to connect to the VPN service. To disconnect from the VPN service press the "Disconnect" button.
- If you are going to use Tor along with VPN, also press "Enable Tor proxy" button.
- Add MAC address, that will be connected to the Internet without VPN. Usually you can find it on the sticker on the device body or its package.
- Press the "Add" button. MAC address will appear in the table below.
- You can add several different MAC addresses. Then press the "Save & Apply" button.
- For deleting MAC address from the list press the "Delete" button in front of it. Then press the "Save & Apply" button again.
Congratulations! You’ve completed the setup of your router IncognIt for private and secure Internet navigation.
- Latest versions of the firmware are available on our website incogniteam.com in the "Support" section.
- Open the menu item "System – Backup / Flash Firmware".
- In the "Flash new firmware image" section press the button "Choose File" in order to choose the firmware file, saved on your local disc from our site.
- Check the "Keep setting" checkbox, in order to save all the settings you made earlier after firmware update.
- Press the "Flash image" to start update procedure. Don’t switch the router oﬀ until the end of frmware update.
- If the frmware update procedure didn’t result in redirection to the main page of the router’s web interface, try to open it in a browser new tab, when you again connect to the network.
Router should be used within the air temperature range between 41° F (5° C) and 95° F (35° C).
Avoid moisture and liquids on or around the router, don’t use it under rain or under conditions with increased humidity.
Use a dry cloth for cleaning.
Don’t use the router during thunderstorms.
Technical changes to the router, its web interface and VPN user member area can be introduced without previous notice.
The actual look of the equipment and its interface can be slightly different from the pictures.
CE safety mark
This router is compliant with the main requirements of the directives 2006/95/EC, 2004/108/EC, 2011/65/EU.
Appropriate recycling of the device
This marking on the product, its accessories and documentation means that after the service life of the device and its accessories (for example, power adaptor, patch-cord, flash card) they cannot be recycled together with other residential waste.
You can get the information about recycling methods according to the environmental legislation from the manufacturer, recycling companies or local authorities.
Appropriate recycling of the packaging
"Möbius strip" marking means that the packaging can be recycled.